Project SUCCESS Web Sites
Collecting Personal Information through our Online Service
To improve our services and efficiency, we collect two types of information on our Web site:
- Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors on our site, the length of each visit, and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data – or totals of those visiting from a domain – not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
- General personal information provided by you. When you register for more information or make a comment on the Project SUCCESS Web site, you have the option of providing a variety of information, including: name, address, e-mail address, phone number, your affiliation with Project SUCCESS (e.g. teacher, parent, theater, donor, alumni), and your program interests.
- Information you provide to make a donation. When you make an online donation to Project SUCC ESS, we collect a variety of personal information in order to process your donation. This personal information may include: name, address, e-mail address, phone number, your credit card information, “acknowledgement” or “in memory of” information, and donation amount. We use GiVEMN.org a Twin Cities-based online charitable giving hub, powered by Razoo.com, as well as PayPal.com, to process online donations. Neither Project SUCCESS nor GiveMN.org retains, stores, or personally uses identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Use of Your Personal Information
Project SUCCESS collects and uses your personal information to operate the Project SUCCESS Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Project SUCCESS may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Project SUCCESS, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. Project SUCCESS uses personal information for a variety of purposes, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with additional information you have requested from our site;
- Processing your donations to Project SUCCESS;
- Tracking information about your visits to our site to allow us to provide better service;
- Sending or initiating promotional campaigns regarding our services or events;
- Assisting you with signing on to our restricted Sites and providing services to you through those Sites;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on our site;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers.
Project SUCCESS publishes donor lists each year in its annual report and on the Project SUCCESS Web site. To request that your or your organization’s name not be listed, please contact Emily Heagle at email@example.com or 612-874-0776.
Protecting Personal Information
Project SUCCESS also respects the request of donors and other constituents to be removed from mailing or other distribution lists. If you wish, you may withdraw your permission at any time for us to maintain this information in our files or to communicate with you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-874-7710 to remove your name or to specify your communication preferences.
Project SUCCESS takes every precaution to protect your personal information. When donors submit sensitive information, their information is protected both online and off-line. When a form asks donors to enter sensitive information such as credit card numbers or addresses, that information is encrypted and protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. All of our donor information is also restricted in our offices off-line. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Project SUCCESS may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to users online. These third-party vendors may display Project SUCCESS advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Sites. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) collected by Project SUCCESS. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google's Ads Settings.
Children Under the Age of 13
Although educational in content, our site is not designed to knowingly collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
Complying with the Judicial or Legal System
Although Project SUCCESS makes every effort to protect donor and customer privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our organization.
Third Party Web Sites
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the Sites.
Project SUCCESS welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Project SUCCESS has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Project SUCCESS at email@example.com or 612-874-7710. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.